IPLD Prince George's Trip - Apple / DC History Center (Tech Careers / App Coding Training / Leadership Exploration)
Time & Location
About The Event
This is the first IPLD experience for the 2019-2020 year, where students will receive a full day of technical training and career exploration with Apple!!! We will be going to the renovated Carnegie Library, developing Apple Apps, and exploring the impact of leadership at the DC History Center.
Students will gain a full experience and take a tour of the new Apple Carnegie Library. We will be learning about career pathways at Apple with staff at the facility and expanding our technical skills on our resume with three courses:
- Career Pathways at Apple: Learning what it takes to work for Apple for EduSerc IPLD students.
- Art Walk: Discovering Color: Using the Adobe Fresco app on iPad Pro with Apple Pencil, students will combine them to create an abstract painting to take home.
- ART Lab: Augmented Reality Experience: Students will walk through coding in Augmented Reality with AR elements in Swift Playgrounds.
- Coding Skills: Swift Playgrounds: Swift is a powerful programming language created by Apple that’s used to build many popular apps. Students will learn how to build apps in a short amount of time for any type of project they desire.
DC History Center:
Students will tour the DC History Center and galleries to learn what type of impact leadership has when you stay persistent throughout history. Our goal will be to tap into a vision of history by recreating a scene from one of the history moments in leadership from the gallery.
Remember, we leave from the back parking lot (LOT F) of Prince George's Community College. We will be in a charter bus for EduSerc!
ITINERARY - Friday, October 18th
8:00am IPLD Departure: from PGCC Lot F - back of the college)
8:00am - 9:00am Travel to Apple (Carnegie Library at Mount Vernon Square)
9:00am - 10:30am Exploring Apple, Technology and Tech Careers / DC History Center
10:30am - 12:00pm Apple Training: Art Walk (Adobe Fresco)
12:30pm - 1:30pm Apple Training: Coding in Augmented Reality
1:30pm - 2:30pm Lunch
2:30pm - 4:00pm Recreating a Vision of Historic Leadership (Mount Vernon Square/Renaissance Hotel)
4:00pm - 5:00pm Apple Training: App Development with Swift Playground
5:00pm - 6:00pm Travel back to PGCC
6:00pm IPLD Return/Arrival: Parent Pickup at PGCC Lot F
- Materials: Please bring your EduSerc notebooks (or general notebook for notes) and a pen/pencil
- Dress Code: EduSerc IPLD Shirts or Business Casual Dress (wear comfortable shoes).
NOTE: Parents will receive a text alert when in route to location).
The point of contact on the day of the trip is Justin Johnson [cell (443) 896-6128].
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you on Friday!
- IPLD Trip - Apple/DC History$0$00$0