EduSerc IPLD - Microsoft / MLK Leadership Industry Trip (Jan. 21, 2018 - 7:00am - 6:30pm) (2)
Time & Location
About The Event
Our next industry field trip will focus on exploring Information Technology Careers and Technology Training for IPLD Projects. In addition, we will have a special IPLD leadership exercise at the MLK Memorial.
Please confirm your seat through the CONFIRM/RSVP button now so we can confirm lunch details for all participants.
1) Industry Trip Focus (Jan 21, 2019):
- Information Technology
- Business Devevelopment / Entrepreneurship / Project Resources
- Leadership Training (Character, Integrity, Vision)
Microsoft: Students will visit one of Microsoft's stores to learn from technology professionals about career possibilities in the field of Information Technology and develop a few technical skills through hands-on activities in Business Development and Project Resources. Students will learn how to become an entrepreur and start a business.
MLK Memorial: Students will attend the MLK Memorial and perform an IPLD exercise to identify aspects of leadership from Dr. Martin Luther King and develop their own quote they will use as a motto for their leadership style.
7:00am IPLD Montgomery: Pickup/Departure from Montgomery Mall (Nordstrom Parking Lot)
8:00am IPLD Prince George's: Pickup/Departure from PGCC Lot F - back of the college)
9:30am-9:45am Arrive at Pentagon City Mall
10:00am - 2:30pm Microsoft (Information Technology/ Entrepreneurship Training)
2:30pm - 3:00pm Travel to MLK Memorial
3:00pm - 4:30pm IPLD Leadership Exercise at MLK Memorial (Potentially Lincoln Memorial)
4:30pm Departure MLK
5:30pm Arrive at PGCC: IPLD Prince George's Dropoff/Arrival to PGCC Lot F - back of college
6:30pm Arrival at Montgomery Mall (Nordstrom Parking Lot): IPLD Montgomery
NOTE: parents will receive a text alert when in route to location).
2) Dress Code: EduSerc IPLD Shirts (priority).
3) IMPORTANT: Please bring a notepad and pen/pencil on this trip! In addition, please bring your IPLD Project ideas and plans to showcase to the Microsoft Team Members. They will be assigned to help you formulate your ideas and organize them!!
Day of the Trip POC (for emergencies):
- Justin Johnson (443) 896-6128 (cell/text)
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon on our next trip!
- IPLD Industry Trip - Jan. 21st$0$00$0